Title: Development Manager
Salary Range: $65,000 to $72,000
Hours: Full-time, 40 Hours
Reports to: CEO
Organization Overview: MCCD's mission is "to work collectively to build strong stable communities by leveraging resources for the development of people and place."
POSITION SUMMARY: We are seeking a strategic and innovative, wordsmith extraordinaire for the role of Development Manager at MCCD. The Development Manger will work closely with the staff across the organization to manage the organization’s development strategies and activities by 1) creating strategic development goals and plans, 2) leading day to day grant administration activities, and 3) growing and sustaining donor/funder relationships through engagement. This position reports to the CEO.
· Collaborate to create and implement strategic development goals and plans that align with MCCD’s programs and the broader goals of the organization
· Organize and implement administrative systems, such as reporting systems, managing the database, fundraising files and the fundraising calendar
· Report on prospective funding opportunities and strategies to staff and board members
· Provide timely updates on progress and/or changes towards development goals to relevant staff and board members
· Identify and manage consultants, as needed, to best achieve MCCD’s development goals
· Draft, edit, and send Letters of Inquiry, proposals, grant applications, and reports that are timely and compliant to funder requirements
· Draft and send acknowledgment letters for grants and/or gifts received
· Communicate necessary updates/changes to funders and donors
· Stay informed on relevant fundraising programs, practices, and procedures and work with program and organizational leadership to identify opportunities to pursue
· Ensure grant and funding information is accurate and current in the database
Outreach & Engagement
· Collaborate with relevant staff and others impacted by MCCD programs to understand program principles & practices as well as set fundraising needs, goals, and strategies
· Cultivate and maintain donor/funder relationships through one-to-ones, meetings, and attendance at events and special gatherings
· Coordinate and participate in funder site visits, including preparing appropriate program staff
· Plan, coordinate, and host engaging fundraising opportunities and events with support from staff and event planning consultants
· Provide support for other projects, such as the broader evaluation and communication for MCCD.
· Present to board and at all-staff meetings as necessary
· Demonstrate MCCD’s core values
Assets of most interests include the following:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in development, community work, nonprofit, or other related field
· Knowledge of philanthropic sector and trends
· Clear and effective (oral & written) communication skills
· Exemplary and creative narrative development and writing skills
· Must be able to synthesize oral and written detailed information to align with overarching development goals
· Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office 365, Salesforce, MailChimp, Zoom, and other platforms
· Understands and embraces efforts that promote racial, social, and economic equity and asset-based community change
· Ability to establish and maintain trust readily with a diverse set of partners
· Ability to work collaboratively on a team and independently
· Capacity to work cross-culturally to achieve understanding and results
· Project management skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
· Ability to think strategically while managing multiple priorities and deadlines
· Curiosity and a willingness to learn
· Flexibility regarding work assignments and ability to respond positively to changing demands and priorities
MCCD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
MCCD offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of all staff. MCCD offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance; MCCD covers the cost for the employee and 55% of the coverage for the entire family, and a 403b match.
No phone calls.