Emerging Leaders in Community Development Mentorship Program--Now Accepting Applications for Mentees!
The Emerging Leaders in Community Development (ELCD) Steering Committee is proud to launch the 10th round of our mentorship program and are now seeking applications for mentees. We have had over 250 participants since the program began in 2010 and each mentor-mentee match has been an opportunity to grow and strengthen the community development field.
The purpose of the program is to equip early-career and mid-career community development professionals with the knowledge and relationships needed to effectively work with people and places to build our best possible future. Mentors will share their knowledge and working relationships which will allow mentees to learn about different specialties and skills within the field. Our mentors are senior-level leaders within the community development field who have specialized in a range of areas, including: affordable housing development, housing policy and advocacy, small business training and development, non-profit management, collaboration, relationship building, and community engagement.
- Mentee application period is November 20-December 4, 2020
- Monthly meetings (~1 hour) during a 6 month period (January-June 2021)
- Mentors and mentees will schedule their own meetings and activities
- Interested mentees will complete applications, have a follow-up five to ten minute phone call, and be matched by the ELCD Mentorship Committee
- ELCD Mentorship Committee members will check in throughout the program to ensure that the match is worthwhile for both parties
- Mentees should have at least one year of experience working in the community development field and see the program as a way of gaining knowledge and expanding professional networks, but not as an avenue for seeking employment.
It's more important than ever to build strength and connect with others in the community development field, especially through mentorship relationships that facilitate collaboration and learning. We are adapting our program to maintain the well-being of all participants and will be hosting our events online.