The Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers (MCCD) advocates on behalf of our member organizations on the local, state, and federal levels. Our members provide comprehensive community development services along the full continuum of affordable housing and small business development. We are committed to expanding the wealth and resources of underserved communities through community economic development and housing initiatives.
MCCD's 2020 policy priorities include:
Increase funding resources for affordable housing and community development activities at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Advocate for the full continuum of affordable housing activities including the production and preservation of affordable rental housing, housing with supportive services, and affordable homeownership opportunities.
- Support policies that enable affordable housing developers to more effectively and efficiently develop and preserve affordable housing in all communities.
Local and Regional Policy
- Along with local/regional coalitions, advocate for the creation of dedicated, long-term, and locally sourced funding streams for affordable housing development and preservation.
- Support the Homes for All coalition in efforts to increase funding for affordable housing development and preservation in both existing programs as well as the creation of new resources and tools.
- Support the protection of federal funding resources for community development activities, including the Community Reinvestment Act, the federal Housing Trust Fund, tax-exempt bonds, low-income housing tax credit allocations, and other key federal programs.
Advocate for the full small business continuum, including initiatives that promote asset building for low-income Minnesotans.
- Work collaboratively on state level initiatives that support asset building for low-income individuals and families, helping people to build assets, grow personal wealth, and prosper financially.
- Increase state funding and policy changes that support small businesses, including programs that increase the availability of technical assistance funding and access to capital for small businesses and emerging entrepreneurs.
Advance racial equity by creating and preserving affordable housing opportunities in all communities, closing the racial homeownership gap, and providing asset building resources.